Well last year’s blogging came to a pretty abrupt halt.
My job can get hectic. Very hectic. Particularly in the summer. So that kind of took over for a couple of months and then I never got back to writing.
So in a nutshell, since I last wrote I have
- Crossed the finish line in the Olympic Stadium at the end of a very hot 10k
- Taken on a new role at work
- Dyed my hair five times
- Visited my old stomping ground, Dartington Hall, as part of a wonderful family trip to Devon
- Completed my first (official) half marathon
- Experienced Punchdrunk’s Kabeiroi
- Had two wonderful reunion with the Dartington crew at Keith Tippett gigs
- Got a place for my first marathon (London, April 2018)
- Had my eyebrows microbladed
- Spent five days adventuring and feasting in Budapest
- Had a kind of lousy Christmas
- Discovered the joy of homemade haggis sausage rolls
- Scored tickets for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child via the Friday Forty (it was excellent)
- Saw some of my favourite university chums when Mairead, Ruth and Ally were in London and got the gang back together
- Entered the ballot for the New York Marathon in November 2018.
- Shared in the joy of friends celebrating lots of their own milestones – birthdays, engagements, weddings, pregnancies, births and more.
- Watched a LOT of films. And I mean a LOT.
This year won’t be any less crazy, but I’m trying to make more time for me, and hopefully that will include filling my little corner of the internet with more cathartic, self-indulgent spam. Sorry in advance.